SUMMIT DATES & LOCATION: May 8, 9, and 10 of 2018, Crestwood Vineyard Church, 2515 NW 16th Street Oklahoma City, OK, 73107.
THEME: REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S KINGDOM AND HIS CHURCH, AND BIRTHING AN AUTHENTIC APOSTOLIC REFORMATION.
PURPOSE: To bring together apostles, prophets, and apostolic and pastoral church leaders from across North America and among the 1st nations to dialog about Christ’s Kingdom, His Church, and what it is going to take to actually birth an authentic apostolic reformation in the 21st Century.
SUMMIT SCHEDULE: Morning Session from 9 A.M. to Noon and Afternoon Session from 2 P.M. to 5, each day.
PLEASE NOTE: Each Session will begin with a 45-minute to an hour presentation of the session’s theme, related to the main theme of the day, which is to be followed by 2 hours of discussion or dialog of questions and issues that are raised.
The sessions each day are not intended to be preaching or teaching meetings, but genuine opportunities to dialog and interact with other apostles and apostolic leaders who share the same or similar callings and concerns, and seek the Lord together for Biblical answers to the strategic questions and issues we all face today for the express purpose of moving the work of Christ’s Kingdom and of the present apostolic reformation forward to fulfillment. The presenters have not been asked to preach a message or prepare the spiritual “meal” for their particular session, but rather they have been asked to set the table by raising the key questions and identifying the core issues that the Church faces today and thus set-up dialog for their session. Also, the presenter/moderators have not been asked to moderate or lead their respective sessions as “super apostles” or experts in all matters apostolic, but rather as lead learners in our common quest to rediscover and restore the apostolic foundations that the Lord Jesus and His apostolate laid for His Church in the very beginning.
The sad reality that we all face as ministers of the Gospel and apostolic leaders today is that none of us have ever been part of the Holy Nation or Apostolic Church that Jesus Himself established in the very beginning. Instead, we all must deal with 2000 years of Church history. We are all coming out of sub-normality, i.e. out of various stages of repair or dis-repair. We are all fellow under-rowers in the present boat of the Church’s sub-normality, and we are all trying to get to the other side and fulfill our destiny and calling together.
Tuesday - May 8
MORNING SESSION (9 A.M. to Noon): REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S KINGDOM PART 1, “THE KINGDOM OF GOD, THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SON, AND THE GOSPEL PROCLAIMED BY CHRIST’S APOSTLES”
PRESENTER/MODERATOR: Jim Hodges from Dallas will introduce the morning session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
AFTERNOON SESSION (2 P.M. to 5): REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S KINGDOM PART 2, “THE MYSTERY OF REGENERATION, KINGDOM INITIATION, AND THE PROPER RESPONSE TO THE GOSPEL OF THE APOSTLES”
PRESENTER/MODERATOR: Manfred North Peigan from Brockett, Canada will introduce afternoon session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
Wednesday - May 9
MORNING SESSION (9 A.M. to Noon): REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S CHURCH PART 1, “HOLY NATION, THE CHURCH KING JESUS IS BUILDING”
PRESENTER/MODERATOR: George Runyan from San Diego will introduce the morning session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
AFTERNOON SESSION (2 PM to 5 PM): REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S CHURCH PART 2, “THE MYSTERY OF UNITY, CULTURE, ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE, AND GOVERNMENTAL ORDER OF THE HOLY NATION KING JESUS IS BUILDING”
PRESENTER/MODERATOR: Herman Bradley from Brewton, Alabama will introduce the afternoon session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
Thursday – May 10
MORNING SESSION (9 AM to Noon): BIRTHING AN APOSTOLIC REFORMATION PART 1, “APOSTOLIC REFORMATION AND WHY IT IS NEEDED TODAY”
PRESENTERS/MODERATORS: Dave Viljoen and Jim Bradshaw from Palm Coast, Florida will introduce the morning session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
AFTERNOON SESSION (2 PM to 5 PM): BIRTHING AN APOSTOLIC REFORMATION PART 2, “WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR AUTHENTIC REFORMATION TODAY?”
PRESENTER/MODERATOR: George Kouri from Oklahoma City (but currently residing in Hyderabad, India) will introduce the afternoon session’s theme and lead the discussion that follows.
QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED: There are a number of questions that need to be answered by the Lord’s apostles, prophets, and apostolic and pastoral church leaders today, if we are going to have an authentic apostolic reformation and fulfill the Lord’s Kingdom mandate to disciple the nations and fill the earth with the glory of God:
(NOTE: Today’s Church and the present apostolic reformation faces far more questions and issues today than we can possibly deal with in three days. However, in the list below, there is overlap and duplication and some questions will be addressed in the course of answering others.)
FIRST DAY’S TWO SESSIONS LED BY JIM HODGES AND MANFRED NORTH PEIGAN AND KEY QUESTIONS RELATED TO “REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S KINGDOM”:
- What is the Kingdom of God
- Why did Jesus say the Kingdom of Messiah (Christ’s Kingdom) is a mystery? Is the Messiah/Christ’s Kingdom an earthly, Jewish, political Kingdom, or is it a heavenly, eternal, universal, spiritual Kingdom?
- What was the Gospel preached by Peter, Paul, and all the apostles? Is there such a thing as an authentic apostolic Gospel?
- What does it mean that all of the promises of God are “yes” and “amen” in Christ? Have the promises that God made to David and the Fathers of Old Covenant Israel been fulfilled?
- When did Jesus conquer Satan, sin, death, and hell? When did He take the keys of death and hell from the devil?
- Did Jesus die spiritually? When was Jesus begotten again of the Father? When was He seated on the throne of His glory? Is He already seated today on the throne of His father David or is that for a yet future age?
- What is the “sign of the prophet Jonah”? Why did Jesus say “no sign” would be given to the Jews of His day of His Kingship except the sign the prophet Jonah? How important is Christ’s decent into hell and His regeneration? How important is His resurrection and ascension? According to Daniel, when did Jesus receive His Messianic Kingdom?
- Why did Jesus prefer the title Son of Man over against the title Son of David?
- Is today really Messiah’s day, i.e. the age of the Spirit’s Outpouring and fullness? If so, what is the relationship of the Holy Spirit to Christ’s Kingdom? What did Jesus mean when He said, “the Kingdom of God is within you?” What did Paul mean when he said, “the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit?” What was Paul talking about when he declared that Christ in you (all) is the hope of Glory? To what glory was the apostle to the nations referring?
- According to Peter what is the proof that Jesus is seated on the throne of His father David today?
- Why do many ministers and Churches postpone Messiah’s Kingdom until after a so-called “Secret” Rapture and Second Coming?
- Is the popular Gospel of postponement, preached by so many ministers and churches today, the Gospel preached by Christ’s apostles, or is it “another” Gospel?
- Is there a difference in the present administration of the Son and Messiah’s Kingdom?
- Are we living in the “last days”? What was/is the eschatology of Jesus?
- Is the Jewish age ahead of the Church, or behind the Church?
- According to Jesus, what was/is the significance of the burning of the City of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Jewish Temple by the armies of Rome in 70 AD?
- Does the eschatology of Jesus (i.e. the doctrine or teaching of Christ about the “last days” of Old Covenant Israel) really matter today? Was/is the eschatology of Jesus an essential part of the doctrine of Christ and His apostles today or is it merely a side issue as many suppose?
- Has the age of Moses truly ended? Does this matter today?
- What is Messiah’s Day? Will Messiah’s Day end or will it shine brighter and brighter until the perfect day? What did Jesus mean by the “Times of the Gentiles in Luke 21:24?” Was He referring to the vision of the prophets of Israel concerning the salvation of the nations, including the Arab nations?
- Is there a future day when King Jesus will have more authority or power on the earth than He has today?
- Where are we today in the unfolding of God’s Kingdom purpose? Did Jesus teach a particular “chronology” for the unfolding of His Kingdom? What time or season are we living in today? Are we in the season of the fulfillment of the feast of Pentecost or the feast of Tabernacles? Are we in Messiah’s day or the 3rd day? Is there a difference between them?
- Is there a difference between the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Salvation?
- What was/is the faith of Jesus?
- What is the New Covenant? What is the relationship between Christ’s Kingdom and the New Covenant? What is the relationship between the Spirit and the New Covenant?
- What are the signs and seals of the New Covenant?
- What is the significance of the Lord’s Supper or the New Covenant Meal?
- What is the Relationship of Lord’s Supper or New Covenant Meal to the Wedding Supper of the Lamb or the Messianic Banquet of Salvation spoken of by Isaiah?
- What are the “blessings of Abraham” and the “mercies of David”?
- What is the “time of reformation” spoken of in Hebrews 9?
- Has the Old Covenant truly ended? Is the New Covenant really a better covenant with better promises, a better priesthood, and better sacrifices?
- Is the Melchizedek Priesthood of Christ important today? Does Christ receive tithes today? Is there a direct relationship to the High Priesthood of Christ, the Holy tithe, and the thousand-fold blessing of Abraham? What was/is the purpose of the tithe?
- What does the writer of Hebrews mean by “eternal judgment”? Has the world been judged? Has the judgment of the nations already begun? Having conquered Satan, sin, death, and hell, is Jesus riding forth out of Zion today to conquer or spoil the devil’s kingdom? Is King Jesus governing or judging governments and nations today? On what basis does the Lord Jesus judge governments and nations today?
- What is the significance of Lord’s Day? Has the Lord’s Day replaced the Jewish Sabbath? What should happen on the Lord’s Day?
- What did God promise Abraham about the nations? What is the Kingdom mandate?
- Has Jesus received His Kingdom? If so, what is the purpose of the present administration of the Kingdom of God? Is King Jesus ruling the nations today? Will He continue to reign until all His enemies are made the enemies of His feet?
- Will the nations be converted and learn Christ, including the Arabs and the Jews, before Jesus comes back again (i.e. before the second coming) or after?
- What is the “mystery of redemption”? Why is redemption a mystery?
- What is “the regeneration” Jesus spoke of to Peter and the other apostles in Matthew 19:28?
- What is the Word, the Seed, or the DNA of the Kingdom? Who are the sons of the Kingdom?
- When were you and I quickened and made alive again? When were we raised up together with Christ? When were we seated with Him in heavenly places?
- Is there an authentic apostolic pattern for initiation into Christ and His Kingdom?
- What is the significance of Jesus baptism at the beginning of His ministry as God’s pattern Son?
- What is the Peter Package? Is this the authentic Apostolic Pattern for Kingdom initiation?
- Is there a proper response to the Gospel of the Kingdom (the King’s dominion)? Is there a proper response to God’s decree regarding His Son? What did Peter and Paul mean by the “obedience of faith”?
- Does infant baptism fulfill God’s decree or the Kingdom requirement for a proper response to the Gospel? Does the modern invitation system meet this requirement?
- What does it mean to be translated out of the Kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of God’s Son?
- What is the “baptism of the Spirit” that John the Baptist spoke about? What does it mean to be born of the Spirit and the Word?
- What is the role or importance of Water Baptism in the initiation process? Is it the water of baptism that saves, or the obedience of faith?
- What is the importance or significance of receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to be “sealed” by the Holy Spirit of God? When are we baptized into Christ (one body) and made to drink of the One Spirit? At what point in the initiation process are we actually sealed with the Holy Spirit? Is this an automatic matter or is it a definite, demonstrable experience of receiving the gift of the Spirit? How does one know that they have been sealed and received the gift of the Holy Spirit?
- How did Peter and the other 11 apostles of the Lamb and Paul and the other ascension-gift apostles know that people had been saved and added to the Lord and his Church?
- Why did Paul ask the Galatians if they had received the Spirit by the obedience of faith or by the works of the law?
- What does it mean to be crucified or united with Christ in baptism?
- What does it mean to be in Adam? What does it mean to be in Christ? How do we put off Adam today? How do we put on Christ? What is the wedding Garment that Jesus talked about in the parable of the wedding feast?
- What does it mean to be a new creation in Christ? When did/does this happen? Is Jesus in the process of making all things new today?
- How important is submission to Christ and to those that he places over us in Christ, and to one another in the Lord?
- What does it mean to obey or submit to those who have the rule over us in the Lord and receive governmental oversight? Is this important today? When is this supposed to happen?
- At what point in the initiation process are we added to Christ and His body and become members of His General Assembly, the Church of the First-born?
- What does it mean to find placement in God’s household, the Lord’s Holy Nation, in what Peter called an allotment of believers, so that we can receive spiritual fatherhood and be taught how to behave in the family or household of God? What did Peter mean by the allotments?
- How do Christians submit practically or in reality to the government of King Jesus? What does it mean to receive spiritual fatherhood and headship so we can be taught how to behave in the family of God? Where do we receive our identity as Christians, the General Church or the local allotment? Where are we learn integrity, how to live as sons and daughters of the Kingdom, in the General Church or the local allotment?
- What is Christian Discipleship? What does it mean to learn Christ?
SECOND DAY’S TWO SESSIONS LED BY GEORGE RUNYAN AND HERMAN BRADLEY AND QUESTIONS RELATED TO “REDISCOVERING CHRIST’S CHURCH”:
- Why did Jesus use the Greek word “ekklesia” to speak of His Church?
- What other man in the Bible had a Church?
- What does it mean that the Church is the Holy Nation, a Kingdom of priests, or New Covenant Israel?
- How was Old Covenant Israel organized or structured? And how were the nation and its allotments governed?
- How does the fact that Christ is the prophet like Moses (the New Moses) and His Church is the New Covenant Israel, His Holy Nation help us understand Christ and His Church (the Church’s mandate, its nature, organizational structure, and governmental order)?
- What did Peter mean in 1 Peter 5:1-3 by his admonition to the elders, bishops, shepherds of the Lord’s Church to “shepherd the flock of God…exercising oversight…not lording it over those allotted to your charge”? Does this this have any relationship or reference to the “divisions” or “allotments” of Israel in Joshua 11:23?
- Did Jesus say, "I will build My Churches (plural),” as many seem to think, or did He actually say, “I will build My Church (singular)”? Is Jesus building One Church or many? Is He truly building only One Holy Nation, the Israel of the New Covenant, made up of thousands and tens of thousands of allotments (i.e. spiritual households, families, or congregations), located in the cities and nations throughout the earth, but connected together relationally and joined together in the Spirit and in the fellowship or communion of Christ’s apostles and elders to form one body or One Holy Apostolic Church for the purpose of lighting the nations? Or in spite of what he Himself declared, is Jesus actually building many independent local churches and denominations that are really free to preach whatever they want to preach and build what they want to build, and do whatever they please?
- Is the Lord’s Church General assembly, local assembly, or both?
- What does it mean today that the Church Jesus is building is Holy Nation, the New Covenant Israel of God? Is there an authentic apostolic structure, pattern, or form that God has purposed and ordained that will enable the Church that Jesus is building to fulfill its calling and destiny and possess the gates of the enemy, and liberate cities and nations?
- Is the paradigm or model of Church so prevalent or popular among Evangelicals, Pentecostals, and Charismatics today that the Lord’s Church is made up of “independent local churches” authentic or is it false? Does this popular doctrine and model of church actually fragment, divide, and oppose the Church Jesus is building?
- Is the Mega-Church model a valid expression of the one Holy Nation Jesus is building, One Holy Apostolic Church?
- What is the Church’s mandate? How does the fact that Moses and Israel are really shadows and types of Christ and His Church help us understand the Church’s mandate to conquer the devil’s kingdom and possess the cities and nations of the world?
- What does it mean that the Church, the Holy nation, the body of Christ is the instrument of Christ’s Kingdom purpose to conquer Satan’s kingdom, disciple the nations, and fill the earth with the glory of God.
- According to Jesus, what is mark of success for the Church He is building?
- What did Jesus mean by the gates of hell? How does this relate to the devil’s kingdom and to cities and nations today?
- Why did God promise Abraham that his seed would possess the gates of His enemies? Did Jesus have the promise God made to Abraham in mind in Matthew 16:18?
- Will the Church possess the cities and nations of the world before Jesus comes back for the resurrection of the body and the final judgment on the last day of history?
- What did God promise David in 2 Samuel 7:11-17?
- What does it mean that Christ’s Church is the House or Family of God?
- Is Christ’s Church the restored House of David? Have we truly come to Mt. Zion, the City of the living God, and the heavenly Jerusalem today or is this for the future after the rapture and the Second Coming?
- Was James right? Is the Lord’s Church the truly the restored tent or tabernacle of David that had fallen down? Is Christ’s Church the New Jerusalem, Christ’s bride, presently coming down from God out of heaven to fill the earth, or this for a yet future day; is it the City of God presently established on the hill of Zion?
- Is the Church that Jesus is building the light of the world? Is His Church to be a demonstration to the world of life lived under the government of King Jesus? Are we to truly manifest the nature of God, our heavenly Father, and the lifestyle and culture of heaven? How can that happen in our present divided condition?
- Is today Messiah’s day and the times of the nations? Will the nations come to the light of the Church’s rising and learn the law of Christ (the sermon on the mount and the ethic of love) as Isaiah and the prophets of Israel envisioned? How can this happen when today the Church is so fragmented and divided, and constantly fighting among ourselves about who is the greatest?
- What does it mean that the New Jerusalem that is presently in the process of coming down from God out of heaven age has 12 foundation stones and that the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb are written on these foundations?
- What did Paul mean that the Church is founded today on the foundation of apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Cornerstone of the foundation? When did God establish or lay Jesus as the Chief Cornerstone in Zion.
- Has the Church Jesus is building already been established in heaven? Is it also in the process of coming down from heaven and being established in the cities, regions, and nations of the earth in order to possess cities and nations and fill the earth with the glory of God, i.e. Kingdom civilization (the life and culture of heaven)?
- Is John’s vision in Revelation 19:11ff about the judgment of the nations today or is this about a future age? Is Christ’s Church riding forth out of Zion behind Her King as a glorious army on white horses? Is the Church judging the nations today? What are the mighty spiritual weapons of the Church’s warfare?
- What is supposed to happen on the Lord’s Day, the Church’s official day of worship? Is the Lord’s Church His “Qahal” or General Assembly? Is the Church’s gathering on the Lord’s Day a “local church” meeting, or is it a “General Church” meeting? Are the New Covenant saints supposed to ascend in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, in rank and order (allotment by allotment, city by city, nation by nation) to the heavenly Mt. Zion until the “Whole Church” has gathered around Messiah’s throne to worship the great King and stretch forth the scepter of His Kingdom by praying Kingdom or governmental prayers to bind the principalities, powers, and rulers of darkness and release the Lord’s righteous judgments in the earth?
- What did Jesus mean when He prophesied, “My Father’s house shall be a house of prayer for all nations?” What did Jesus mean when He boldly promised Peter and the others, “whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven? What did David mean when he declared in Psalm 110:3 the Lord will stretch forth the strong scepter of King Jesus out of Zion to govern the nations?
- Have apostles and prophets ceased as many churches and denominations teach? Or has God ordained the ministry and government of apostles to enable His Church to function as one Holy Apostolic Church, a Holy nation, and thus fulfill its mission or mandate in the present age.
- What is the highest governmental authority in the Lord’s Church today? How is the Church that Jesus is building supposed to be governed? Is it to be governed by Popes, Cardinals, and Monarchial Bishops? Is it to be governed by Episcopal Bishops and their Presbyters? Is it to be governed by Senior Pastors and their Elder’s boards? Is it to be governed by a singular apostle and his network of pastors and churches? Or is the Lord’s Church supposed to be governed today, just as it was in the beginning, by the fellowship of apostles and elders?
- Should Christians be subject to the ruling elder or pastor in an allotment of believers? Should pastors (shepherds) or ruling elders be subject to apostles and each other in the city, region, or nation where the Lord has placed them? Should apostles be submitted to each another in the Lord and govern the Lord’s work and the Lord’s Church together in the fellowship or collegiality of the apostles and Christ’s apostolate? What does it mean to be mutually submitted? What does it mean to be accountable to one another in the Lord?
- In light of what the Word of God teaches about the New Covenant and covenant relationships (union with Christ and his body), placement in the family, spiritual fatherhood and motherhood, brotherhood, joints and ligaments, how can there be an independent Christians, ministers, apostles, prophets, evangelists, or pastors and teacher? Are we all supposed to be accountable to the Lord and to each other?
- Why did Jesus call the 12 to be with Him?
- Why did He tell the 12 that He would reveal the mysteries of the Kingdom to them and give them the keys of His Kingdom (the keys of the restored House and Kingdom of David)?
- Why did Jesus largely avoid Jerusalem, except for the feast days, until His apostles were ready to continue His apostleship as stewards of the mysteries of Christ?
- Why did Jesus pray that the apostles would be one as He and the Father are one, and that all who would believe in Him because of the apostle’s word would also be one? Were the original apostles one in the First Century? Was the early Church one throughout the Roman Empire? Is unity important in the 21st Century?
- Why did Luke declare that his Gospel was about, “all that Jesus had begun to do and teach?” Does this imply that the Book of the Acts is about all that Jesus continued to do and teach through His apostleship or apostolate after His resurrection and ascension?
- Why was necessary for another to take Judas’ place in the apostolate or apostleship of Jesus? What is Christ’s apostolate?
- Why did all who were added to the Lord’s Church on the day of Pentecost “continue” in the apostles’ doctrine and in the fellowship of the apostles? Is the doctrine of Christ’s apostles important today? Is the fellowship or communion of the apostles and the apostolate still important to the doctrinal, experiential, relational, and governmental unity of Christ’s Church, and its conquest of the kingdom of darkness today?
- Why does Luke tell us in Acts 15 that when the controversy arose over the question of circumcision and whether or not Gentiles had to be circumcised and become Jews before they could become Christians, that the apostles and elders came together in General Council to judge or govern the issue? This General Council issued the decrees of the apostles and elders. Do we need Apostolic Councils today to resolve conflicts and govern the Lord’s Church?
- Why did Jesus tell the Chief priests and elders of Old Covenant Israel in Matthew 21:23 and Luke 20:16 that the Kingdom would be taken from them and be given to other “husbandmen” and another “nation”? Has the Lord Jesus taken the place of Moses and Aaron as the Apostle and High Priest of the New Covenant? Has New Covenant Israel taken the place of Old Covenant Israel as the Holy Nation, the Kingdom of priests? Have the apostles of Jesus taken the place of the Chief Priests of Old Israel? Have the elders of the New Covenant Church taken the place of the elders of the Old Covenant Church? Has the apostolate of Jesus replaced the Sanhedrin of Old Covenant Israel as the Council or Senate of New Covenant Israel, the highest governing body of the Apostolic Church Jesus is building?
- Does the Church need governing councils of apostles and ruling elders today? Does the Church need apostolic strategies for taking cities and nations today?
- What does it mean Jesus is the “Second Adam” and that the Church is His body, the fullness of Him? What does it mean Christians are new creatures in Christ and members of His body? Are born again Christians a new species of humanity? Is the Lord’s Church in a City the new City that is in the process of being raised up by the Lord Jesus? Is the Church in a nation really a new nation? If Jesus is the Second Adam from heaven and Head of the Church, which is His body, is Jesus and his Church in reality a whole new creation, a new humanity?
THIRD DAY’S TWO SESSIONS LED BY DAVE VILJOEN, JIM BRADSHAW AND GEORGE KOURI AND QUESTIONS RELATED TO “BIRTHING AN AUTHENTIC APOSTOLIC REFORMATION OF CHRIST’S CHURCH”:
- Is today’s denominated and doctrinally divided Church in fact the Church Jesus said He would build, or is Church as we know it today sub-normal, at best a mixture, at its worst apostate? Has an enemy sown tares in the field and brought forth a bastard Church?
- Today we have the historic Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Reformed or Protestant denominations. We also have the many Evangelical, Pentecostal, and Charismatic denominations that have come out of the various attempts to reform the Church. The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches each claim to be the custodians or stewards of the authentic traditions entrusted by Jesus to His apostles. Reformed churches and various Protestant denominations also claim to be the faithful custodians or stewards of the doctrines of Christ and His apostles. And yet they strongly disagree with each other and are divided over these issues. Therefore, the question remains, are the doctrines, traditions, practices, strategies, structures, governmental orders of the multitude of denominations, movements, and churches that make up Christianity today authentic? Are they the actual doctrines, traditions, practices, structures, governmental orders that were established by Jesus and His apostles in the beginning as the foundation of His Church?
- Today, there are also many new church-planting groups springing up in various parts of the world that appear to not want to have to contend with 2000 years of Church history or deal with the present division in the Church. They appear to simply want to evangelize the lost and plant new independent or non-denominational churches. But the question remains, whose churches are they planting? Their own or the Lord’s? What are they building?
- How does the competition, confusion, and division in today’s Modern Church hinder the Church’s prayers for cities and nations, and how does the present division and sub-normality undermine the Church’s witness to the nations of the world?
- Can the High Priestly prayer of Jesus be realized in the midst of today’s squalor and mess, or do we need reformation? Can the Church Jesus is building ever be one doctrinally, relationally, structurally, governmentally without an authentic apostolic reformation? How can we restore the original foundations and light the nations and fill the earth with the glory of God without apostolic reformation?
- What is authentic Christianity? Does it exist today? If so, where?
- Where did the original apostles get their doctrine and practices?
- Is Jesus the Teacher or Rabbi, who came down from God out of heaven, and therefore, the source of the Word of God the Father (i.e. the doctrine of heaven or the authentic tradition from God) that Jesus handed over to and entrusted to His original apostles or apostolate? If He is truly, as He claimed, the faithful Witness of the Father, the Apostle or Messenger of the Covenant and was in fact sent from God, then where can we find an authentic record or historical account of that witness, testimony, teaching, doctrine, practice, or tradition today?
- Where is the river, whose streams make glad the City of God? Are the doctrines and practices (the traditions) of the denominations, independent churches, and movements authentic? Are they in fact the pure streams that make up the river that flows from the throne of God? Or do they need to be purified by the Word of Christ, the authentic teaching, doctrine, or tradition of Christ and his apostles? Are the many denominational divisions and diverse movements today really just tribes of the Lord’s Church, New Covenant Israel, as some assume, or is the Modern Church really a mixed multitude that needs to be sorted out and reformed?
- Do we need to rediscover the hermeneutic of Christ and the apostles? What is that hermeneutic?
- How did the Church come to its present condition?
- What is the present outcome or effect of the previous attempts to revive and reform the Church throughout its history? And what has been the effect thus far of the various restoration and reformation movements the 20th and 21st centuries? Have the Evangelical, Pentecostal, Latter Rain, Manifest Sons, Healing, Charismatic, Discipleship, Faith, Third-day, and other movements restored the actual foundation laid by Jesus and His apostles in the beginning or reformed themselves and the Church? What is the present status of the New Apostolic Reformation? Is apostolic “networking” the same thing as building an apostolic net? Are coalitions and alliances the same as the fellowship or communion of the apostles? Is there really such a thing as “market-place apostles”? What about the emerging church or the church planting movement?
- What is it going to take to birth an authentic Apostolic Reformation?
- Can there be an authentic apostolic reformation today without the restoration of real apostles or without recovering the foundation that Jesus and His apostles laid in the beginning?
- What are apostles? What are the ministries, office, roles, and functions of authentic apostles in Christ’s Kingdom and Church? What does it mean today that apostles are ambassadors, heralds, architects or master-builders, bishops, elders, shepherds, and generals or admirals of the Lord’s invading army or invasion fleet? Is Christ, the Chief Apostle in the process today of making war on the Kingdom of darkness and spoiling the devil’s house? Is He in the process of delivering or liberating cities and nations from injustice and oppression, and establishing the government of heaven in the cities and nations of the earth?
- Are there true apostles today just as there was in the beginning of the Church’s history? Are there also false apostles? How do we know who is a true or authentic apostle today and who is false?
- In Matthew 13 Jesus said to Peter and the others, “it is given to you to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven.” He also said to them in Matthew 16:19, “I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.” Jesus called the revelation of the “mysteries” or secrets of redemption, His heavenly Kingdom, and His Church, “the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.” How do we know who is a true and who is a false apostle? Do real apostles have the keys of Christ’s Messianic Kingdom and His Church?
- How can we have an authentic apostolic reformation with rediscovering these “keys of the Kingdom,” i.e. the revelation of the mysteries of Christ, His Messianic Kingdom, and His Church that Jesus the Christ entrusted to His apostles in the beginning of the Church?
- Why have so many ministers sought to eliminate mystery, the mysteries of Christ, His Kingdom, and His Church from their preaching and teaching? Why have many chosen to rely on human wisdom and the doctrines and traditions of men instead of the Word of God and the wisdom and revelation of the Lord? Is it presumptuous on our part or extremely foolish to talk about an apostolic movement, or a new apostolic reformation, or a church-planting movement, or a church-growth movement, or a leadership-training movement without first recovering the keys of the Kingdom or the revelation of the mysteries of Christ, His Kingdom, and His Church and the authentic doctrines and traditions that Jesus entrusted to the apostles in the beginning?
- What does it mean that apostles are stewards of the grace of God (the mysteries of Christ and His Kingdom)? Why did Paul describe his own apostleship to the nations his stewardship of the revelation of the mysteries of Christ? Why did Paul call these mysteries the “form” or “standard of sounds words?”
- If we are going to have an authentic apostolic reformation, do we also need to rediscover and restore the fellowship or communion of the apostles and the apostolate that Jesus Himself established? What did Luke mean in the Acts of the Apostles by the phrase, “the fellowship of the apostles?” What did he mean by “the ministry” or “apostolate” of Jesus? Are these Kingdom realities needed today?
- Why did the apostles ordain elders or bishops in every city throughout the Roman Empire? What is a bishop/elder/shepherd? What is their God-ordained ministry and role or function? Do we need to restore these governmental offices today?
- In a time when there is so much carnality and competition in ministry, resulting in great loss of confidence and mistrust for leaders, not only in the church but also in the world of politics and business, is it possible to restore integrity, trust, mutual confidence and submission among church leaders?
- According to the scriptures, the Church that King Jesus (the Apostle and High Priest of the New Covenant) is building today has been founded in heaven on Jesus Christ, who is the Chief Cornerstone that has been laid by the Father Himself, and Christ’s apostles and prophets, and it is in the process of being established or manifested in the earth. In Isaiah 9, Isaiah speaks of the government of God being placed upon the shoulders of Christ. In Isaiah 54:3 the prophet declares that the sons and daughters of the heavenly Jerusalem will possess cities and nations and fill the whole earth with the glory of God. In Ephesians 1:10, the Apostle Paul explains that the present administration (the economy or organization) of the Kingdom of God is a government or administration suitable for the fullness of the times. In Ephesians 1:20 he declares that Christ is Head over all things to the Church, which is His body, and in Ephesians 4 he prophesied that the Church or body of Christ will grow up into His Headship in everything, thus filling the whole earth. Paul declared that the Lord has given to each Christian a measure of rule, and in his letter to the Corinthians he explained that his rule or governmental sphere had reached as far as the Corinthians (a city and region) and that through them his governmental sphere was in the process of being enlarged to other geographic areas.
- Question: Are these Scriptures merely speaking figuratively? Are they just Bible-Speak, or reality? Is Christ’s Kingdom real, with governmental offices and governmental order or not? If Christ’s Kingdom is in fact the present administration, economy, or organization of the Kingdom of God, what is the practical outworking of this heavenly government in the earth today or geographically in the cities and nations of the earth?
- Should we continue today in our present fragmented, divided, and weakened condition or should we establish authentic apostolic councils of apostles and ruling elders (spiritual fathers) whose task is to unite and govern the Holy Nation, and also to build a heavenly or spiritual army… equip its troops…and develop effective apostolic strategies, so that together as the army of heaven we can launch an effective military campaign and mount an offensive to conquer the principalities, powers, thrones, and dominions over various geographic localities that make up the devil’s kingdom, and disciple or possess the cities and nations of the earth?
- In order to do this, do we need authentic apostolic government today and functioning councils (i.e. presbyteries, regional councils, national senates or congresses) of apostles and elders to spiritually and practically govern the Lord’s Church in cities, regions, and nations throughout the earth? And do we need an international or global senate or congress as a vehicle for the outworking of the Lord’s apostolate today?
- Is it going take a real government, the government of King Jesus (His apostolate and His Holy Nation) to deal with the civil governments of cities and nations and establish righteous judgment or justice in the earth? What does Christ’s government look like?
- What does Paul mean by “first the natural and then the spiritual?” What did the writer of Hebrews mean by the “shadows and types?” In Numbers 11 we read about the founding of the Jewish Sanhedrin, the “70” fathers or chief men of Old Covenant Israel, who along with Moses and Aaron served as the ruling elders of the Holy Nation. We read about this important governmental body in the Book of Exodus, Deuteronomy, and Joshua. In the time of Jesus, Israel was governed by the Chief priests and elders, who together formed the Sanhedrin. These representative men governed the Jewish nation in what the Gospels and Acts call the Council. How does this governmental council relate to what Paul said about first the natural?
- In addition to the Council of 70 or the Sanhedrin in Jerusalem, councils made up of elders also governed the Jewish Synagogues located in various cities throughout the Roman Empire. As part of Israel, the Holy nation, these elders and councils were in turn submitted to the Sanhedrin in Jerusalem. In light of this natural governmental order, why do you think the apostles of Jesus ordained elders in every city or geographic locality, who in turn formed councils of elders or presbyteries in every city throughout the Roman Empire?
- In Acts 15 we read that the apostles and elders came together in General Council in Jerusalem to judge or govern the Gentile question. Once they had reached a judgment they sent the judgment or decree of the general council throughout the cities throughout the Empire. How does this fact relate to Paul’s principle, “first the natural, and then the spiritual?” Why do you think that in his General Epistle to the Christians throughout the Empire that the writer of Hebrews admonished the Christians to obey those who had the rule over them?
- In light of the Biblical principal, first the natural and then the spiritual, did the apostles of Jesus take the place of the Chief priests? Did the elders of Christ’s Church (the spiritual fathers of the allotments of the New Covenant Holy Nation) take the place of and assume the fatherhood and governmental responsibilities of the elders of Old Israel? Did the “apostolate” that Jesus established as the extension and representation of His own Apostleship in the earth take the place of the Jewish Sanhedrin, the Council of the 70?
- Do we need governing councils today, i.e. city presbyteries, regional councils, national congresses, and, yes, even an international or global congress or senate that are connected to each other in the Lord and His Covenant and mutually submitted to each other governmentally in order to structure doctrine, order Church life, and govern the Lord’s Church in the earth?
- What did Jesus mean by “call no man rabbi” or master?
- Jesus is the Rabbi, the Teacher who came down from God out of heaven, the faithful Witness of the Father. Jesus is the Apostle or Messenger of the Covenant, and therefore, He alone is the source of authentic Christianity.
- What can we learn from the example of Jesus as the Great Reformer who brought an end to the Old Covenant and reformed the Church of His day? What can we learn from how Jesus dealt with the governmental order (i.e. the Chief priests, Elders, and Theologians) of the Church of His day that can help us truly reform ourselves today?
These and others questions that may be raised in our dialog might seem at first to be difficult, even daunting. But there are clear Scriptural answers to each of these questions in the teaching (doctrine) of Christ and His apostles recorded for us in the Canon of the New Testament.
Please be aware that while a seasoned apostolic leader has been asked to serve as Presenter/Moderator for each session during our three days of dialog, none of these apostolic leaders have been asked to do so as the lone expert in all matters apostolic. Instead, each one has been asked to lead a particular session as the lead learner in our common quest to recover and restore the authentic apostolic foundations the Lord Jesus established in the beginning of the Church’s history. The reality is that none of us have ever been part of the Apostolic Church that Jesus established in the beginning. We are all coming out of various stages of repair and dis-repair. We are all fellow under-rowers in the boat of the Church’s sub-normality, who are trying to get to the other side and fulfill our callings.
WOMEN’S LUNCHEON: The Lord has laid it on my wife Sandra’s heart to host a Women’s Luncheon at the Crestwood Vineyard on Wednesday from 12:15 to 1:45 PM. The purpose of this special luncheon is to give the women who attend the Summit a special time of fellowship to get to know one another and build relationships with each other.
EVENINGS ARE FREE FOR BREAKING BREAD TOGETHER AND FELLOWSHIP: Keep in mind that the reason we are not having evening sessions is to allow you opportunity to get together for a relaxed dinner and fellowship to get to know each other better and strengthen relationships. This will also provide a relaxed time for more dialog each evening.
HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, SIGHT SEEING: We will be posting and sending out information shortly about hotel accommodations, restaurants, and special sight seeing opportunities.
YOUR SUMMIT INVITATION: This is an Apostolic Summit for North America and First Nations. If you desire to see the foundations laid by Jesus and the first apostles restored and an apostolic reformation of today's Church that will enable it to fulfill it's apostolic mandate to disciple the nations, then the members of the Executive Council of the CAC invite you to join us at Crestwood Vineyard in OKC on May 8, 9, and 10 for three exciting and very challenging days of apostolic dialog!
Also we ask you to help us get the word out to other apostles, prophets, and apostolic and church leaders that you may know and invite them to join us Come and let us seek the Lord and search the Scriptures together.
PLEASE REGISTER: While there is no registration fee, we need you to register so we know how many are planning to attend so we can make adequate preparations. You may register on the CAC Site or email Apostle Jim Bradshaw at email@example.com.
The Executive Council and I are confident in the Lord and His direction, and we believe that in the course of the three days together in OKC the Holy Spirit will do a great work in our midst, iron will sharpen iron, and by the grace of God together we can rediscover the apostolic foundations laid by Jesus Himself, connect with each other in the Lord and in the fellowship of the apostles, and begin to work together to give birth to an authentic reformation in North America and among the native peoples of the First Nations.
PLEASE NOTE: The CAC is not a new denomination, nor an attempt to start one. Instead, it is an emerging, global fellowship or communion of apostles and churches the Lord Jesus is raising-up by His Spirit in the 21st Century to work together in partnership with the Holy Spirit and each other to restore the original foundations of Christianity and reform ourselves as one Holy Apostolic Church to light the nations and fill the earth with the glory of God.